This is a (no cook) recipe for my Smokin' Apple BBQ Sauce. This sauce isn't limited to only being used on beef, it is also great on chicken, pork, or vegetables! I have posted the recipe for the sauce alone, and then for the steak below it. Try it your way and enjoy :)
Smokin' Apple BBQ Sauce
TIME: 5 min
YIELD: 1/3 cup
1/4 cup apple butter
1 tbs maple syrup
1/2 tbs virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp chili flakes
1/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp smoked sea salt
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk together til evenly combined.
2. Apply sauce to meat and vegetables prior, during, or after grilling.
Rib Steak (medium-rare-ish)
TIME: 15-20 min
1. Pre-heat BBQ to high temp.
2. With the burners on high, sear one side of the steak for 3-5 minutes.
3. Flip the steak over, reduce heat slightly, and slather some Smokin' Apple BBQ Sauce on the top and sides of the steak. Cook for 5 minutes.
4. Flip the steak over, slather more sauce on top of the steak and cook for 5 minutes.
5. Flip the steak one last time and cook for 3-5 minutes. Eat.