What is up peeps? Jon Randles here, bringing you a snazzy new recipe! Here's the deal with this one; it makes a perfectly nutritious snack, a guilt-free dessert, or a light breakfast. I wasn't really sure which category to put it in. This devilishly smooth pudding is an easy go-to for me, and I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I do. Go get it,
PREP TIME: 10 min.
COOL TIME: 2 hr.
1.5 cups organic heavy cream (or coconut milk)
1/4 cup raw cacao butter
1/4 cup raw honey
2 tbs organic gelatin
3/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/8 tsp salt
1/3 cup warm water
1. Set up a large double boiler (or a Pyrex bowl set on top of a pot of water) and bring water to a boil. Place the raw cacao butter and honey in the bowl, and stir together as it melts.
2. Once melted, add the cream, vanilla, and salt to the bowl and stir with a hand mixer (or whisk vigorously). Continue to keep the boiler on until the entire mixture has reached a warm-almost hot temperature. Stir occasionally.
3. Using a hand mixer (or a whisk), completely dissolve the gelatin into the 1/3 cup warm water. Immediately add the gelatin-water mixture to the bowl of ingredients and mix thoroughly (this is probably the most important part, make sure it gets mixed well).
4. Remove bowl from heat, separate mixture into individual small bowls or ramekins (or keep it all in the one big bowl), cover and place bowl(s) in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
5. Eat at your leisure, this recipe will keep nicely in the fridge for at least a few days (I've never had it around longer then that). Garnish with fresh berries if desired.