Why yes, you read the title correctly. Cherry. Cheesecake. Cookies. Oh, and there might be some chocolate in there as well.
That's how we roll.
Jon left this morning on a road trip to Paleofx with a few colleagues, so it's just little ol' me this week. We've got this recipe planned, as well as another habit change or movement blog post as well. Haven't decided which to post this week yet, but I will soon.
In the meantime, we hope you will enjoy the recipe - these cookies literally taste like mini cheesecake bites. Mmm. Now, they do contain sheep ricotta (you know how we love goat and sheep dairy). If you can't find it in store, we actually have a recipe for a home made version here. So no excuses!
Enjoy, and remember to share a few with close family and friends.
TIME: Prep + Bake: 30 min, Cool: 2+ hours
YIELD: 12-15 cookies
10 oz sheep ricotta
2 free range eggs
1/2 cup grass-fed butter, melted
1/2 cup raw local honey
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips (soy, dairy free)
1/2 cup frozen cherries, chopped into quarters
1/3 cup organic coconut flour
1/8 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp ground vanilla bean powder
1. Preheat oven to 350 deg.
2. In a bowl, whisk the eggs. Add the ricotta and mix thoroughly until smooth.
3. Add honey, melted butter, baking soda, vanilla, and salt, and continue to mix by hand.
4. Sift in coconut flour and mix thoroughly by hand.
5. Add chocolate chips when batter is done, and mix.
6. Add chopped cherries to batter, and mix just enough to distribute the cherries but not enough to colour the batter too much.
7. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and using a tablespoon to measure, shape the batter into spherical shapes in your hands, and flatten slightly. Try to avoid having any cracks as this will affect the cookies.
8. Bake cookies for 18-20 min. Remove from oven and let cool for 20 min. (Do not touch them during this time as they will fall apart until cooled more)
9. Transfer to a cooling rack for 1 hour until completely cooled, and then to the fridge prior to serving.