In honour of St. Patty's day, we bring you this brightly coloured and delicious ice cream.
The matcha adds a boost of anti-oxidants to this dessert, while also providing a lovely texture, and a fun colour sans the usual artificial colouring. Horray! It was a definite hit at our house, so much so in fact that it was all gone within a half hour.
We are about to launch into a busy few months - we have courses to attend, workshops to teach, trips (Paleo Fx included!), and even a vacation planned to Florida at the end of April. We can't wait to tell you all about it. We'll be taking photos and sharing as we go, as always. We've also got plenty of great recipes and posts lined up for the blog.
In the meantime, enjoy a bowl or two of ice cream. Wishing you all a fun, rowdy, (and safe) holiday.
- Jon + Barbara
TIME: Prep 5 min Cool 45 min
YIELD: 2-4 servings
500 ml whole organic cream or full fat coconut milk (in a BPA free can, gum-free)
5 tbsp raw local honey
4 tsp peppermint extract
1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp matcha tea
1/2 c mini chocolate chips (soy and dairy free)
1. In a pot over medium heat on the stove, heat the cream, and add the matcha. Mix well, and allow the colour to infuse into the cream. Just as the mixture hits a boil, transfer it to a large bowl. Leave any clumps of tea that stick to the bottom of the pot.
2. Add the honey, peppermint and vanilla into the bowl and mix thoroughly using a hand mixer.
3. Transfer the bowl to the fridge and let cool completely (approx 1 hour)
4. Following the instructions on your ice cream maker, pour the mixture in, and let it mix until almost done (this took us about 40 min or so with our ice cream maker).
5. About 5min before the ice cream is done, fold in the chocolate chips. Allow the ice cream to finish mixing/freezing.
6. Serve immediately in a pretty bowl!