Hey gang! First off, we have gotten a lot of new followers recently and would like to welcome all of you to our page and to our community. This is turning out to be an extremely eventful year for us and we are glad to have more people to share it with.
Anyways, I'm in between clients at the moment and am really busy this week so I'm going to skip ahead to the recipe and get you guys fed. This recipe is super easy and really tasty. We love cooking with ground beef because it is so versatile and pretty hard to screw up. We really enjoyed this dish and have made it several times now. Enjoy :)
- Jon (and Barbara!)
TIME: 25 min
1 pound grass-fed ground beef
1.5 cups organic mini tomatos
1.5 cups white mushrooms (chopped)
fresh basil (handfull)
2 large cloves of garlic (peeled and diced)
2 tbs sundried tomatoes
2 tbs organic butter
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp black pepper (ground)
1. Begin cooking the ground beef in a skillet on the stove over medium/high heat, stir frequently. Remove from heat and set aside when beef is fully cooked, but not over cooked (about 10-15 min). While beef is cooking, continue making the rest of the recipe.
2. In a food processor combine the tomatoes, sundried tomatoes, basil, salt, and pepper, and process gently to a smooth paste with a slightly chunky texture (if possible).
3. In a separate skillet, heat butter on medium heat. Add in garlic and mushrooms, and cook until the mushrooms become soft and brown (5-10 min).
4. Pour the sauce from the processor into the pan of mushrooms, cook and simmer for about 5-10 minutes to allow the flavors to develop. Stir frequently.
5. Add the sauce and mushrooms to the pan of beef, mix well and cook for a few more minutes on medium heat. Serve and enjoy!