This was actually my first recipe from scratch that I ever wrote down, way back before we ever intended to start a blog. In fact, it sat aside so long that I lost the recipe and had to start over again. I was really bummed about that because it was easily one of my favorite cookie recipes ever. However, after a couple recent goes with it, I think I've perfected it again.
We tend not to promote the use of almond flour very often, especially if you're making a recipe with it that you intend to eat a lot of. Eating the equivalent to hand fulls upon hand fulls of mufa/pufa packed almonds can definitely do more harm than good. However, depending on your digestive system, an occasional treat made with almond flour isn't going to kill you, especially if you're sharing! With that being said, I chose to use almond flour for this recipe because I think it makes one hell of a good cookie... and I love a good cookie! To further elaborate, I will let Cookie Monster take it from here.
TIME: 25 min
YEILD: 24+ cookies
3 cups almond flour
2 free-range eggs
1/2 cup organic coconut oil (melted)
1/3 cup raw honey
1/2 cup shredded un-sweetened coconut
3/4 cup dried blueberries
3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
1/2 tbs vanilla bean powder (or extract)
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. In a large mixing bowl combine eggs, honey, coconut oil, and vanilla with a hand mixer.
2. Add in the almond flour, shredded coconut, baking soda, and salt. Continue to mix with hand mixer until evenly combined.
3. Fold in blueberries and chocolate chips using a spatula.
4. Drop table spoon size balls of dough onto stonewear bar pan or a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
5. Bake for 15 min. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Eat em up like this! Cookies can be stored in or out of the fridge, I prefer them cold.