Hey guys! I'm going to keep this one short tonight because it's getting late on a long weekend Sunday and you're probably all off doing awesome stuff anyways.
This is Barbara's recipe and they are incredibly satisfying. She first made this recipe for me last February to nourish my body after a fun (and physically exhuasting) MovNat workshop. Needless to say, they hit the spot and did the trick. That girl is a wonder woman. These bite sized beauties are perfect for an app, snack, or even dessert. We know you'll love them because they include 2 of our favorite things, chocolate and BACON, duh. Just be sure to share with your crew so you don't pile drive the whole batch down your self.
-Jon + Barbara <3
TIME: Prep 10, Bake 22-25 min
15 pieces menonite bacon
1 lb medjool dates (approx 30)
1 bar dark chocolate (organic, soy and dairy free, 75+%)
1. Preheat oven to 375 F
2. Chop chocolate into small sections to fit into dates.
3. Rinse and pat dry dates, and then proceed to pit them. In place of the pit, add a piece of the chopped chocolate, and press the date firmy closed.
4. Cut bacon strips in half, and wrap around stuffed dates. Spear with a toothpick.
5. Place on a baking sheet covered with bleach-free parchment paper, and bake for 22-25 min, depending on how crispy you like the bacon.
6. Remove from oven, and let cool. Place in the fridge for 1-2 hrs to cool completely.We find these are MUCH tastier once the chocolate has had a chance to solidify again, so please take the time to cool them. It'll be worth the wait.