Hey gang! Man this has been an exciting and busy month. I'm in the process of planning my first series of MovNat Workshops, meanwhile, Barbara is finding a location to host an Essentials of Elite Performance course for Z-Health. The season has just been flying by! We'll keep you updated as details develop.
Here is another recipe that is perfect for either Summer or Fall, or anytime of year for that matter (it's ice cream, c'mon). This flavor came out exactly as we would have hoped, we're anticipating it will become an instant favorite.
So go get your self some good quality bacon and make it happen. Peace.
Yields: 1.5 quarts
Prep Time: 10 min
Freeze Time: 35-40 min
6 strips traditionally raised bacon
2 cans whole organic coconut milk (bpa free can preferred)
2 free-range eggs
1 tsp vanilla bean powder (or vanilla extract)
1/2 cup maple syrup
1. Combine the coconut milk, eggs, vanilla, and maple syrup in a large bowl and mix well using a hand mixer. After it is well mixed, place the bowl in fridge or freezer to cool.
2. Cook and "candy" the bacon by following the process for *home-candied bacon in this recipe here. Once your bacon is cooked, place it in the fridge to cool as well.
3. Once your ice cream mix is chilled, place it in your ice cream maker and turn it on (follow the directions for your appliance).
4. While your ice cream is churning, finely chop your cold strips of candied bacon into small pieces.
5. After approx 30 min of churning, slowly add your bacon into the ice cream (keeping the machine on) bit by bit, so that the bacon can mix evenly into the ice cream.
6. Keep the ice cream maker on for another 5-10 min until it reaches your desired consistency. Enjoy immediately and store extras in the freezer. If you prefer your ice cream harder then place it in the freezer for a few minutes before consuming.