Hey guys! So I am going to keep this really short because I'm coaching a group in about 10 minutes. We have been doing A LOT of cooking lately and have so many great recipes to give you. The hardest part is finding time to put them all together and send them your way. We'll keep doing our best though. Don't forget about our giveaway contest! We've had so few entries at this point that the chances of winning are HIGH! If you can't remember the rules, see this post here. You've got til the end of the first week of November, so if you're making any of our treats for halloween you'll have time to submit your photo.
These wings are pretty unreal. Even better is the sauce, hella tasty. We made these in our latest episode of Big Primal - Wing Night. They were great the day after as well, we ate wings all weekend after that film shoot. That's all for now.
Love, peace and chicken grease.
COCONUT CURRY "BREADED" CHICKEN WINGS (see dipping sauce recipe below)
YIELD: 2 pounds of wings (or desired amount)
TIME: prep 5-10 min, cook 45 min
2 pounds fresh or thawed organic chicken wings (or desired amount)
1/2 cup coconut flour
1.5 tbsp yellow curry powder (gluten free)
1.5 tsp Himalayan sea salt (or to taste)
3 eggs (free-range)
1.5 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Rinse and drain chicken wings.
2. In a small bowl combine coconut flour, curry powder, and salt. Mix together with a small whisk or fork.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs together. Fill a third, separate, bowl with the shredded coconut.
4. "Bread" one chicken wing at a time by following this sequence:
- Lightly roll the wing in the coconut flour mixture.
- Dip the wing in the bowl of egg.
- Neatly roll the wing in the shredded coconut.
5. Place wings on a baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes, turning them once at about the half way point. While your wings are baking you can make the dipping sauce!
6. Remove from oven and eat like a champion. Dip them in the sauce or drizzle on top!
PALEO SWEET THAI CHILI SAUCE
YIELD: 1/2 cup
TIME: Prep 5 min, Cook 15 min
5 medium cloves of garlic
2 red Thai chili peppers
1/4 cup white or apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup coconut sap sweetener
3/4 cup water
1/2 tsp Himalayan sea salt
1.5 tsp arrowroot powder + 2 tbs water
1. Mix all ingredients except the arrow root powder in a blender or food processor until well mixed.
2. Pour mixture into saucepan and bring to a boil on med-high. Lower the heat/reduce to a simmer and cook (stirring often) for 3-5 min so that the garlic and chilies soften and sauce slightly thickens.
3. In a small bowl, whisk the arrowroot powder with the 2 tbs water.
4. Add the arrowroot mix into the saucepan while quickly stirring. Cook for 8-10 min on a simmer, stirring often so the sauce does not stick to the bottom. Remove from heat, and transfer to the fridge for 20 min or so.
5. Serve it with the chicken wings or any other dish you'd like!